Sunday, January 22, 2012

Something looks different...& a funny story!

This morning after church my Mom said, "Honey, your skin and make-up look good. Did you get some new stuff?" I responded, "Nope same make-up but I noticed the other day that my skin didn't seem as dry." "That's it!" She replied. After talking for a bit we discussed that the clean eating and the focus on water and also good fats was already making a difference in my normally dry skin. :) Seriously? I wasn't expecting that but, WOW! :)

It is clear to so many of us that the change in eating is making a difference. Our bodies are responding...and we will continue to see what happens. Even Schuyler (my husband) agreed to join me in the experience and although he is adamant that he isn't "hardcore" like me, he is adjusting too and has removed cream in his coffee but instead is using coconut milk. I read that if you put it in the fridge the heavier part of the milk will rise to the top for a "cream-like" addition to coffee. And because he was skeptical, he weighed himself and in less than a week (he started after me) he has lost 4 lbs.

Now here is the funny story...I ALWAYS have M & M's in a candy container that are seasonally colored. Well this is never a problem for me nor a temptation, I just have them as part of the seasonal decorations and they make me smile. Well, Schuyler told a friend that to him the M & M's are a temptation and I might as well leave the Victoria's Secret catalog by the side of the bed! LOL So funny...and for anyone that is wondering he said I could share that story! Maybe I need to change it up and fill it with raw almonds. :)


So much more to say and so much going thru my head but today was a full day and I was even able to get a 3 mile run in...Pasadena Half Marathon is February 19th and I am following the Crossfit Endurance training program, so I am ready for bed. Night friends! Super proud of all of you and so thankful that we are on this journey together...

No comments:

Post a Comment