Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Restaurants LIE but I can't!

Yesterday was overall a really good day both personally & professionally and I was continuing to make good progress with the PNE...until dinner! UGH!

Before I get to the UGH a few things I learned...first of all, El Farlito in Placentia for lunch?! Seriously, was it possible to find something that was OK to eat? YES!!! I ordered the large shrimp cocktail for lunch with no ketchup and added fresh avocado! It was served with a fresh pico de gallo and it was so good! I asked about ingredients and it was OK! It arrived and it was AMAZING!

Our company had its Grand Opening Party that evening and Stefano's has a great veggie tray that I was able to enjoy and for the record, the rest was great too but I did NOT try anything, I just know from past experience. :) I was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to get to Crossfit that evening and I had plans with Sari tonight so 2 nights were going to be missed for a workout...bummer but I am still OK at this point...

THEN, we headed to Foxfire for a dinner with the President of the company and other top performers....seriously FOXFIRE? We were on Cougar Alert for sure and sadly there was only one sighting to brighten the evening. LOL So, again I asked the questions regarding food prep...do the steamed veggies have anything on them? No, she answered. Salad with oil & vinegar please (that part was easy) and then I settled on the fresh fish of the day (Ono) because they said it was grilled and served w fresh mango salsa on top and nothing else. Safe right? Well only if that as the truth. :(

The salad was fine but when the food finally arrived I looked at the suspicious glisten on the veggies and the fish was laying in some liquid as well. One bite of the veggies and the "fake" taste was obvious it was tossed in some CRAP after steaming and after scraping the fish and trying a few bites, I realized the meal was a MAJOR fail! :( AND I ATE SOME!!! So, I am fessing up bc bad things were eaten and SOME RESTAURANTS LIE but I won't. It tasted GROSS and thankfully I had the salad and only ate a few bites of the veggie & fish when I realized it was ALL BAD.

All that being said, I didn't fall off the wagon but I was tricked..I was bummed! :(

Today was a new day and I took control...STILL FUN and enjoying all the excitement, the recipes and the process for everyone at Canyon Crossfit. Each person is making a difference in their health that matters! Night friends...

1 comment:

  1. Love your story friend! So proud of you. This whole experience has really been fun & enlightening. Thanks for the updates, they always make me smile cuz I can hear your voice when I read them. You rock!

    ReplyDelete