Friday, January 20, 2012

Encouraged & inspired by certain people in life...

I thought that I would write about my performance goals today but as the day went on I was feeling led to share about a specific person that had a hand in me considering and ultimately joining this journey or expereince as it is being called. The irony is that he probably isnt even aware of the impact he has had on me...especially the last few years.

I met my father in law, Bill almost 20 years ago. He was just recently retired and he and my mother in law were talking about their future and the freedom that lie ahead. Well about 13 yrs ago, Bill was diagnosed w Parkinsons and today he is in the advanced stages.

At one time, Bill could and did climb Mt Whitney...he could hold a baby/toddler in a single hand and balance them there while they stood.... he would play in the pool w his grandkids (a favorite picture of mine he is with my nieces in their pool in Florida). Well, I never got to see that Bill and as the Parkinsons took hold, I started to take a closer look at my physical health and realize that I shouldn't take it for granted. When I ran my marathon he asked me about my training and he wanted to know how it was when it was over. It was hard but nothing like the "marathon" he has been on the last decade.

One thing about Bill that isn't disputed-he loves Jesus and trusts in God's sovereign plan but like Bill, I don't know what God has planned for our future here on earth but I do believe that God has a plan! We cannot control or manipulate the future but we can make good choices about what we eat and exercise and then we must TRUST in God and enjoy the journey whatever it looks like; understanding that there will be both pain and joy along the way.

So, there you go...my father in law is one of the people that encourages me to take on this Perfomance Nutrition Experience. There are others, maybe I will share about them later...I do have 60 days after all! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love everything about this post, from Bill to God! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete