Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Missing my Halle, Lemon Cauli-Rice Pilaf & Club 13

OK I forgot to mention the new Performance Nutrition Experience (PNE) is starting but actually it would have made for a REALLY long title and it was already too long! I am sooooo excited about this next PNE at Canyon Crossfit. I was able to sit in on one of the introduction seminars and share a little with some of the newbies...thank you Coach Andrew for asking me to help. Like I told them-the first PNE enhanced my life and was life changing for so many! Starts this Saturday!

Miss Halle is at Outdoor Ed and I MISS HER! She left on Monday and comes home Friday but WOW, so weird having her gone. I asked Zach if he missed her and he just noted that it was quieter! Oh I love that boy so much-says it like he sees it!

Club 13!!! Seriously this is going to be FUN! 13 movements created by our coaches with levels and goals to hit during the year. I made myself very happy today and I also almost threw up...I did the 500 m row in 1:57 and that was WAY better then my last time of 2:22 back in August! Woo Hoo! Yay! OK, thanks for indulging me and my excitement.

Now for the recipe! Almost 15 years ago I went to a cooking class before Easter and they made an super tasty rice pilaf...today I made it not only paleo but Whole30! And is was delish. I decided to serve it with shrimp (just had a craving for it) but it is PERFECT with salmon or your favorite fish. Enjoy....

Lemon Cauli-Rice Pilaf
Whole30

3-4 cups cauliflower finely chopped in food processor
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic-minced
1/2 onion-chopped
1/4 yellow bell pepper-chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup fresh basil-thinly sliced
Salt to taste

Prepare cauliflower either in food processor or FINELY chop with knife.

Melt coconut oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions, garlic and yellow pepper until onions are lightly brown. Make sure to not rush this because you don't want to burn the onions or the garlic. Add cauliflower and saute about 5 minutes. Finally, add lemon juice and pine nuts & cook for another 8 minutes. Just before serving add fresh basil& salt. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment