Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken Chile Colorado and Healthy Living

Have you figured out that I love to cook. It makes me happy to cook for people and see them enjoy it. I put a part of myself in the making of it too...part of my heart. Oh and yes, I am sentimental! I LOVE to see people be successful at what they do...I love to see the positive in any outcome...I love for people to dream...I love the PROCESS! And honestly that is what this all is...we are all in the process of discovering our journey and each destination along the way.

Healthy living encompasses that self discovery and this is a quote from A.W. Tozer, a pastor and theologian, he was a man that always seemed to hit the nail on the head.

“Rules for Self Discovery:
1. What we want most;
2. What we think about most;
3. How we use our money;
4. What we do with our leisure time;
5. The company we enjoy;
6. Who and what we admire;
7. What we laugh at.”
 

Just something to think about because honestly food is just one aspect of living a healthy life. =)

Now for the latest recipe...I have to say that I am making A LOT of things that are pretty spicy lately so if spicy isn't your "thing" well you need to let me know so I can try to shift my focus. Otherwise, I can try to give you some pointers to adjust the ingredients. BUT this is darn good! So if you like spicy, ENJOY!


Chicken Chile Colorado
Whole30

2 lbs chicken tender/strips
1 onion-thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper-thinly sliced
1 pasilla chile pepper-thinly sliced
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t chile powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1 bay leaf
2 small can El Pato tomato-
(Mexican Style)
Salt to taste

Layer 1/2 of the onion in the bottom of crock pot, place chicken tenders on top and add remaining onion and rest of ingredients. If you wanted to make it less spicy, you could use 2 cans of regular tomato sauce and use only half a pasilla chile.

Set crock pot to low heat and go on your merry way! Come back and dinner is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment