Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whole30 is complete...now for Whole9


First of all...I did weigh myself on Day 31 at Crossfit but the calibrator wasn't available to check my BMI. That being said, I will wait to get the complete results from the 1st half of the challenge before I report them. =)

Yes, the Whole30 is complete! What next? The Performance Nutrition Experience is 60 days, so for the rest of the PNE I will focus on what they refer to as Whole9. Funny thing is...I feel as if I have been doing that this entire time! I am able to begin reintroducing foods in a methodical fashion but I am waiting until after this Sunday to start because I am running the Pasadena Rock & Roll Half Marathon and don't want to mess up my system. More on "clean" eating and paleo in another post...so much to share here...

We are encouraged to consider 9 factors of life and to "triage" them so we know what we need to focus on in our life. Here are the 9 areas...

Nutrition
Sleep
Stress Management
Active Recovery
Injury Rehab
Fun & Play
Personal Growth
Temperance
Exercise

I love the focus on the complete person! As I looked at the 9 areas I saw areas of strength and other areas where I can grow. =) So friends...hold me accountable to getting enough SLEEP! This will help with my TEMPERANCE as well as STRESS MANAGEMENT! Funny how all these things are connected! LOL I definitely believe that I need all 9 in my life and balance in each area is critical.

You have permission to ask me about these 3 areas and any other that you feel like I am neglecting. I love having all of you in my life and your insight and encouragement are GREAT!




No comments:

Post a Comment