Thursday, February 14, 2013

5 Love Languages & of course, a recipe

So today was Valentine's Day and I thought I would share a little bit about a book I read 20 years ago...The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. First, I have to tell you that I think it is a must read for everyone! I will not do it justice in this blog, so please read it! Even if you aren't in a relationship with the opposite sex, the principles are good for ALL relationships-friends, family, etc.

Essentially, you understand that every person has a Love Tank and that tank is "filled" by receiving love in 5 different ways...

1) Acts of Service
2) Words of Affirmation
3) Quality Time
4) Gifts
5) Physical Touch

But wait! We all have dominate Love Languages-ones that fill the tank more. And it then makes sense that the way we feel loved best is the way we show love! Now it gets tricky...what if your Love Language is different than your main squeeze, your friend, your family member or your child? We are encouraged to learn to appreciate each person's dominate language or languages (yes most have 2) and commit to showing love the way that fills their tank-yep, this takes effort...it takes understanding...and at times it is HARD! Any guesses on what my Love Language is?

As for me; my husband, my son and my daughter all have DIFFERENT dominate Love Languages but looking at the bright side, I can do almost anything and SOMEONE will feel loved. Ha, seriously though I love getting to know a person well enough to understand their heart and have a chance to help "fill their tank." In fact, I can honestly say I am passionate about it.

Here is the website to check it out more if you are intrigued. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Now for the food... that is what you wanted right? This one came from the urbanposer.blogspot.com. She is a great resource and I am not at all good at creating the dessert recipes so I look to the experts! I am dying to make her Strawberry and Coconut Macaroons this weekend.  To keep with the love theme and let's face it chocolate says love; the recipe I made was her Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting...they are Paleo, they are EASY and they were GOOD! You could even just eat the cupcake as a chocolate muffin with coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment