Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb 10th is Chinese New Year-Beef Stir Fry!

I love celebrations! I love parties and I am always looking for a reason to make something a party! =) So you now have a reason to make Chinese New Year a PAR-TAY! Oh, by the way...this is the year of the snake!

Last Saturday I made Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry-it was sooo tasty. I can't take total credit for the recipe though. I found it on thefoodee.com and then made some modifications. EverydayPaleo.com is one of those consistent chefs that has great recipes and her Ginger Beef Stir Fry inspired my Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry below.

Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 pounds thinly sliced steak-I used Carne Asada meat
 
 
 
Marinade
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
 
Veggies
1 large head of broccoli
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
 
In a large mixing bowl mix the sliced beef with all of the marinade ingredients, coating all pieces of the beef with the marinade. Let the beef marinate for at least one hour but overnight in the fridge will give the meat the most flavor. In a wok or large skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until they start to become tender. Add the broccoli and saute for another 3 minutes then add mushrooms and saute 3 more minutes.  Add the beef and the marinade and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through but still tender. Serve with a few more splashes of sesame oil on top & red pepper flakes for that extra kick that I LOVE!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. did you serve this atop cauliflower rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn! Sorry I just saw this...this time I didnt, but normally I would. Just didnt have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete