Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Chili Kind Of Weather-FINALLY!

For years I have been making this GREAT chili recipe that I got from a friend...19 years ago! It has become a tradition for me to make it on Halloween for our annual Halloween Party BUT it was not Paleo. So I took it upon myself to take my old recipe and research the possibilities and create this new one for all the enjoy!

It was debuted at the Intro Paleo Cooking Class at Canyon this past week and it was not a disappointment to anyone! Woohoo!



Heather’s Paleo Chili
Paleo (Can be Whole30 by omitting raw honey)

2 T Fat
3 lbs Chuck Roast
2 lbs Pork Shoulder or Steak
2 Red Peppers- chopped
2 Onions-Chopped
1 Pasilla or Anaheim Chili
10 Cloves Garlic-crushed
¼ cup Raw Honey
5 T Chili Powder
2 T Ground Cumin
1 T Oregano
2 T Basil
1 t Salt
2 T Pepper
1 Jar Herdez Salsa (I prefer hot)
2 Lrg Cans Crushed Tomatoes

Cube meat and trim excess fat, sprinkle w salt and pepper. In a large pot heat fat over medium-high heat, then add meat. Cook meat until fragrant and brown. Add peppers, onions & garlic. Saute until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes) and stir in honey, chili powder, cumin, oregano & basil. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes and then deglaze pot by pouring in salsa and tomatoes. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat and simmer at least 90 minutes to 3 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled beyond thrilled to have this recipe. I'm sure it's as good as the original. Can't wait to try it! =) Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are thrilled! Enjoy and let me know what you think!

      Delete