Friday, June 15, 2012

It's Friday...time for a recipe!

I  decided that after 6 months of enjoying this new lifestyle of eating paleo and in most cases Whole30 which is CLEAN eating, I would start to look at "regular" recipes that are out there and implement the changes necessary and see what I come up with! So if all goes well this will be a weekly addition to my blog =)
I have to admit...this is SUPER fun for me! I love to cook, I love to create things and I love sharing what I find and learn with people. And paleo eating is no different, so here we go! I was inspired by a recipe that was posted on the Williams-Sonoma Facebook page. It looked so fresh and yummy I made it the very next day.
Pineapple-Melon Summer Salsa
  • 1/2 small cantaloupe, about 1 1/4 lb., peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice 
  • 1/2 small pineapple, about 1 lb., peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice 
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped 
  • 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped 
  • 1 small cucumber, about 6 oz., peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice 
  • 1/2 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped  
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro  
  • 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice 
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil 
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 
This can be served with shrimp, chicken, salmon your choice! I choose grilled shrimp seasoned w chili powder and served on a bed of fresh spinach. YUMMY!



1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting, girl! always helpful to have another recipe to try. headed out of dodge next week and it's going to be interesting to try to do paleo on the road. would love to hear your thoughts about planning/executing a road trip while eating paleo.

    ReplyDelete