Wednesday, May 22, 2013

People matter & Recipe...of course!

I just have to say it...I love how Facebook and the Internet allows me to connect, reconnect, and stay connected with people that otherwise I wouldn't have in my life. Ok, I understand that sometimes those "connections" are passive but the fact remains I am encouraged, blessed and humbled daily by these friends and people. Just yesterday I received a message from an old friend that sadly I haven't seen in probably 14 years but she wanted to share with me a little about her journey over the last 15 months and how I was somehow a part of it and an encouragement to her.

She has lost over 100 lbs, changed her lifestyle, started working w a trainer (who is implementing Crossfit WOD's into her routine) and over the course of this incredible journey was reading this blog and found recipes, stories and encouragements through it. Wow! I was moved to tears to find out I was a part of this. The great part of moments like this are the memories that flood back in minutes-the  fun we had, the things that I learned from her and STILL implement in my life! I wrap gifts better because of her, I decorate with thoughts of her running thru my head, I still make recipes we tried together when we were both newly married, I entertain using little bits of flare she taught me, I light my Christmas tree like she taught me...she impacted me in so many positive ways and is a part of who I am today! I am better because of her and as I sit here typing the memories continue to overwhelm my thoughts!

So, although we haven't seen each other for 14+ years, today I am closer to her then I was 2 days ago and I am grateful! So proud of you! Thank you for sharing with me! Thank you for making me a stronger person! And now for a recipe for you,  see the connection from our past.

Paleo Almond Szechuan Sauce
(Use this as a mix for cole slaw, on grilled chicken, pork or shrimp or even on a paleo pizza crust)

2/3 cup almond butter
1 T chili paste (add more for additional heat)
2 T raw honey
1 t coconut aminos
1/2 t fish boat sauce

Whisk all the ingredients together. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment